baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 14:39:19 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> What does fg do? I don't find it as a program but if I type fg it
> tries to play a previously accessed station (Audio: no sound).

Hit Ctrl+Z if you're running a foreground program. Your shell will
say something like "[1]+ Stopped". If you type bg, that program
will go into the background. fg again will move it to the
foreground once more. lynx/links are examples of foreground
programs.

> If I try with the fg; fg, the last thing I see on the screen is
> something about no input.conf and it uses the default, then no
> sound.

Is play running in the other VT during all of this?

> ps says mplayer, sox, and play are running.

What does "jobs" say?

> Have you tried this method with mkfifo?

Yes. It works here.

> If I use mkfifo, ps tells me there are two copies of mplayer
> running, otherwise just one.

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com