baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 19:14:22 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 7 May 2005, David Moberg wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

mplayer does not seem to write to the audiodump.wav file made with
mkfifo (which is not busybox).

It is critical to understand that FIFOs are not ordinary files. They
do not grow more than a few K (and that may not even be detectable
by ls). Nothing happens to them unless things are both reading from
and writing to them.

What does fg do? I don't find it as a program but if I type fg it tries to play a previously accessed station (Audio: no sound).

If I try with the fg; fg, the last thing I see on the screen is something about no input.conf and it uses the default, then no sound.

ps says mplayer, sox, and play are running.

Have you tried this method with mkfifo?

If I use mkfifo, ps tells me there are two copies of mplayer running, otherwise just one.