baslinux - Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 01:30:40 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, James Miller wrote:

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

I searched on streaming MP3 and classical and the sites I found do not have files ending in .mp3.

I've been recording from http://61.74.65.198:8000 using Stream ripper for the past few days. This is the best classical station I think I've ever run across--internet or otherwise. No commercials or DJ talking, just pure music. I have a fast connection, so I'm not sure how well it might work over a modem connection. They are definitely streaming mp3's, but how to connect using 123mpg, I can't say, since I never used it.

James

I tried mpg123 http://61.74.65.198:8000

404 Resource Not Found

lynx with the same URL gets me a page that says it is 128K.

I have been exploring and it is sometimes possible to click on the .pls link and get text, or download with lynx, which is set up here to allow you to view the downloaded text, and the URL shows up.

So far I found one site which is streaming too fast, one 'connection refused' (too busy) and one 404 Not Found.

Got to look for more 24K or 16K .pls links.