baslinux - Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 21:30:16 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005, David Moberg wrote:

mpg123 can handle streaming directly from HTTP.

Thanks for pointing that out. I'm sort of new to multimedia and, having gotten a sound card working in one of my machines, was trying to figure out how to get something to actually listen to. I thought recording from internet radio would be a good, low-cost (no cost?) way to do this, which is how I found Streamripper. Figuring out how best to listen to it was the second step, and someone mentioned mpg123 in this regard. I'm actually trying to utilize mp3blaster, which gives a sort of command line interface. The interface has proved fairly impenetrable so far for me though.

James