baslinux - Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:45:50 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

Does anyone know of a 24K classical streaming mp3 broadcaster that has some open connections?

Try www.shoutcast.com . They have a pretty through list of stations, and list their speed ranges too, I believe. I found it took a fair amount of trial-and-error to find ones streaming mp3's (assuming this is why I couldn't connect to many streams I tried using Streamripper). Alot of them are probably streaming wma or whatever other copyright-protecting formats might be out there.

James