baslinux - Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 02:32:08 +0000 (UTC)

I have found several classical stations which broadcast MP3 at various rates from 24K and up but they are all choppy. Unlike Realaudio, mpg123 appears not to have any buffer, and my connection is variable in speed (from 0 to 4K/sec).

Classical Stations:

www.live365.com/play/307812? - KACU radio
riosal.ic.llnwd.net/stream/riosal_kbaq - KBAQ radio
French Radio Accent 4

See the classical link at www.publicradiofan.com for many more such links.

My best luck has been to download mp3 files and play them. The downloaded file I tried to also play online was created at 32K and my connection was too slow to keep up with it streamed.

The only station that was listenable was 16kbit/sec from Fairbanks.

Is there some way to add a buffer to mpg123? Or amp, which comes in the same package? Could I, for instance, start downloading an .mp3 and one minute later start to play the partially downloaded file?