baslinux - Re: [BL] HTTPD

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HTTPD
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 15:27:22 +1100

Hi Sindi,

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 04:15:23 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:
>
> >> I just downloaded and set up the latest Arachne 1.8.1 for DOS but
> >> discovered it is apparently missing telnet.exe.
> >
> > The latest Arachne is version 1.83, and telnet is added as an apm
> > (Arachne package manager) plugin.
>
> It has been so long since I last installed Arachne that I did not recall
> this. Is this the same telnet.exe as was used in earlier versions?

Yes.

> >> And the arrow mouse is
> >> either not set up yet or no longer working,
> >
> > There is now a choice of mouse cursers.
> Great, he must have received my 'bug report' or someone else's.

There was some discussion on the Arachne mailing list, and it got amended.

> >> and the tab to move between
> >> links won't work on some screens even at the Arachne home page.
> >
> > This is a known bug that is being worked on.
>
> No problem, if the arrow mouse works. The plastic mouse would probably
> work if I remembered to load the software for it.

Us Arachnoids recommend using ctmouse. 6 kb or less, and will load high.

> Is there a precompiled linux Arachne 8.3?
> If not, would it be difficult to compile statically for BL3 and BL2?

Er .... we are talking about Arachne for DOS aren't we ?
The Linux version of Arachne hasn't been worked on for a couple of years,
although there is rumoured to be a project going along in
hiding/secret/"behind the scenes" to set her up for a Linux version.
I am looking forward to that. :)

> Several of the list members seem to use the DOS version.

Yes, including me.

Regards,
Ron

--