baslinux - Re: [BL] HTTPD

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HTTPD
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 04:15:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Sindi,

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 00:43:22 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

I just downloaded and set up the latest Arachne 1.8.1 for DOS but
discovered it is apparently missing telnet.exe.

The latest Arachne is version 1.83, and telnet is added as an apm (Arachne
package manager) plugin.

It has been so long since I last installed Arachne that I did not recall this. Is this the same telnet.exe as was used in earlier versions?

And the arrow mouse is
either not set up yet or no longer working,

There is now a choice of mouse cursers.
Great, he must have received my 'bug report' or someone else's.

and the tab to move between
links won't work on some screens even at the Arachne home page.

This is a known bug that is being worked on.

No problem, if the arrow mouse works. The plastic mouse would probably work if I remembered to load the software for it.

I should know better than to download version *.1 of most things.
BL2 stayed beta long enough that 2.1 is final, and appears to be bug-free.

Is there a precompiled linux Arachne 8.3?
If not, would it be difficult to compile statically for BL3 and BL2?
Several of the list members seem to use the DOS version.

Regards,
Ron
--
Ron Clarke