baslinux - Re: [BL] HTTPD

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HTTPD
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 11:22:42 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> Where would I look for something for S3 Trio64V or Virge, both VESA
> 1.2?

From http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Framebuffer-HOWTO-5.html:

"Alternatively, you may be able to download kernel patches to allow your
VESA 1.2 card to work with the VESA framebuffer driver. For example, there
are patches for use with older S3 boards (such as S3 Trio, S3 Virge) that
supports VESA 1.2. For these cards, you can pick up patches from..."

> Could you set up something that would work with BL2 and BL3,
> assuming certain minimal hardware (1280 monitor, 2MB RAM) that
> would be transferrable between machines?

Yes.

> I had a difficult time
> with Xsvga answering all those questions about the card and monitor
> and don't want to go through this with every new computer.

Does it not have a configuration file you can copy between PCs, and/or
edit?

> I have two PS/2 mice that won't work with Xvesa, one that won't
> work with svgalib. Are they also fussy about FB?

They probably would be, as all the display-independent stuff is
common between Xvesa and Xfbdev. Do those mice work with ANY
version of Xvesa? Gpm? Imps/2?

> svgalib appears to be limited to 1280x1024x256 colors. Would
> links2 run in more than this with FB?

The best you can do with a 2mb video card is 1280x1024x12bpp. Can
you get that mode with some other software with this card?

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com