baslinux - Re: [BL] HTTPD

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HTTPD
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:34:26 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> Could I add to .xinitrc as first line 'resizecons 80x25'? My only
> serious problem with Xvesa other than on one laptop is that it
> messes up my console when it exits.
^^^^^^^^
Xinitrc is executed when X starts up. How would that help?

> With Xsvga or just framebuffer?

Probably framebuffer. I have no experience with Xsvga.

> One of the mice works fine on one computer with Xvesa, on another
> computer it keeps Xvesa from loading (seg fault) and on a third
> Xvesa loads but the cursor will not move. The Microsoft
> Mouseport-Compatible one lets me load Xvesa and move the cursor but
> it scoots to the right edge of the screen and stays there. I will
> not use those mice, or the one that won't work at all (cursor won't
> move) in svgalib. Or the Logitech Mouseman unless I want to
> compile another kernel. Low-tech solution - change mice.
> All these mice worked with gpm. The wheel mouse worked in svgalib
> with imps/2 and in Xvesa with psaux.

Are these all serial mice? If not, how are the ones that crash hooked
up?

> Our 2MB Virge, Trio64D and Cirrus cards do 1600 at 256 colors in
> Xvesa or in DOS. 1280 works at most websites.

It probably would work with VesaFb. I don't know that for sure, but the
math checks out.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com