baslinux - Re: [BL] A List Concern.

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: rvijay07 AT myway.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] A List Concern.
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 05:13:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, rvijay07 wrote:

This list comesout on Google. I am concerned that spammers can get our E-mail
address and spam us.

It happened to me once before, my Yahoo E-mail was broken into and for over a
year now gets quickly flooded with E-mails.

I just did a search for one of my own postings and the mailto: link reads
keesan at sdf.lonestar.org

I don't know if the robots that harvest email addresses to spam have caught onto this yet and convert it to @.

If you are concerned, you can set up an account somewhere specifically for list mail and have a spam filter on it to let through only list mail (except by now vijay at is already online).

Vijay