baslinux - Re: [BL] working as 'user' in BL2 and BL3

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] working as 'user' in BL2 and BL3
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:42:19 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> My partner reports that he cannot save a file
> while working in BL2 as 'user'.

Probably a permission problem. Make sure 'user'
is the owner of /home/user and all the subdirectories.
If not, login as root and do this:
------------------------
chown -R user /home/user
------------------------

> cat /dev/ram0 > /tmp/ramdisk.
> I had only the ram0 and ram1 mounted and the contents
> of ram0 were smaller

The perceived contents is irrelevant. cat /dev/ram0
gives you the entire 4mb (including garbage bytes).

> than ram1 but it filled ram1 and ran out of space.
> ram1 is mounted on /tmp automatically

So you were trying to put 4mb of data on a filesystem
with less than 4mb of available space. Even a virgin
4mb ramdisk is unable to store a full 4mb (because of
filesystem overhead).

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru