baslinux - Re: [BL] Kernel upgrade

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Kernel upgrade
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 13:11:09 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, James Miller wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

CF-PCMCIA sleeves sell for $5 here (brand new).

I bought one here for $15 a few years ago, but have seen them closer to
$10 more recently.

CF-IDE adapters cost a bit more.

I paid $20 for mine, but they might be considerably cheaper on Ebay. This
one was like Steven describes: a little adaptor meant to hook to an IDE
cable with a slot for a CF card on the other side. No fancy faceplate to
mount it in your case or ability to handle other types of cards.

I thought Steven said it hooked to the IDE controller (the 'pins').
Which is it? If to the cable, these might fit into one of those boxes intended for use with external hard drives that goes into a 5.25" bay and is attached to an IDE cable that plugs into the controller. How long is this adaptor?

James