baslinux - [BL] working as 'user' in BL2 and BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] working as 'user' in BL2 and BL3
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:49:30 +0000 (UTC)

My partner reports that he cannot save a file while working in BL2 as 'user'. (I had the same problem when telnetted between BL3 and BL2 a while ago). What needs to be changed so he can save files?

We would still like to know how to set up BL3 so he can login as 'user' (and also save files). His homework for a UNIX course assumes he is a 'user' not root.

Also I got something about running out of space when I tried to modify and then save BL2 ramdisk using: cat /dev/ram0 > /tmp/ramdisk.

I had only the ram0 and ram1 mounted and the contents of ram0 were smaller than ram1 but it filled ram1 and ran out of space. ram1 is mounted on /tmp automatically (I have 16MB RAM).

Should I mount the hard drive and cat to that instead?

What might I be doing wrong? I followed my notes and this is the same computer where it worked twice before. I was trying to add another user.