baslinux - Re: [BL] lilo report

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] lilo report
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:17:21 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> do I need a DIFFERENT lilo package for BL2 than
> the one for Bl1 or Bl3 or SW4.0

Yes.

> or are these all the same (independent of libc versions)?

The lilo executable for BL2 is glibc2. The lilo
executable for BL1/BL3 is libc5. However, it is
possible to run the executable from BL2 and write
the loader for a BL1/BL3 partition. And vice versa.

> The BL3 package puts the kernel into the linux
> partition superblock?

There is no separate lilo package for BL3. The lilo
package for BL1 puts the loader at the start of the
current root partition. It looks for the kernel in
the /root directory.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru