baslinux - Re: [BL] lilo report

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] lilo report
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 00:14:13 +0000 (UTC)

Thanks for looking into this. Actually I wanted to be able to boot DOS, BL2 or BL2 without loadlin, on the same computer, with DOS as default.

Is sleeping forever something to do with read-write versus read-only?
When Steven told me how to do DOS/BL3 with lilo I had to specify read-write. BL3 uses rw. Standard Slackware uses ro, BL2 to HD ro, BL2 RAMdisk rw (right, Steven?). Did you specify read-write somewhere when setting up lilo?

I thought BL3 came with lilo already.

How would one remove lilo from the boot sector of a second hard drive? Can you do fdisk /mbr with linux fdisk?