baslinux - Re: [BL] lilo report

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] lilo report
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:49:31 +0000 (UTC)

I installed BL3 from the loop version so will have to get the lilo.tgz from BL1 - or can someone post it to this mail list?

lilo -v -C lilo.conf1 -b /dev/hdb1 (for BL3 in /dev/hdb1)
lilo -v -C lilo.conf2 -b /dev/hdb2 (for Bl2 in /dev/hdb2)

lilo.conf1 read-write
lilo.conf2 read-only

Both lilo.confX files specify the location of the kernel in the partition of interest.

Run lilo from BL3 using BL1 lilo.tgz or the setup that comes with floppy BL3, twice with different switches. The relevant kernels first need to be copied to a /dev/hdb1/boot (BL3) or /dev/hdb2/boot (BL3) where lilo will find them and install the boot loader properly to the superblock of that partition.