baslinux - Re: [BL] lilo report

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] lilo report
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 11:49:43 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, sindi keesan wrote:

> If I also want to put the kernel into the boot sector of my BL2 partition,
> do I need a DIFFERENT lilo package for BL2 than the one for Bl1 or Bl3 or
> SW4.0 or are these all the same (independent of libc versions)?

The kernel actually goes in the /boot directory (which you may need to
create) on the Linux partition. lilo goes into the boot sector of the BL2
partition. I'm not sure if BL2 requires the lilo from Slack 7.1 or not.
If you use pkgtool in BL2, you could go ahead and install the BL1 one and
then, if it didn't work for some reason, have option of uninstalling. The
BL1 package has got to be the smallest you could use, so if it does work
with BL2 you'll probably want to use it instead of the one from Slack 7.1.
Maybe Steven can adress whether BL1 lilo should work with BL2 or not?

James