baslinux - Re: [BL] serial networking and telnet server - the solution

  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant AT indo.net.id>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] serial networking and telnet server - the solution
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 22:38:42 +0700

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 08:49, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
> sindi keesan wrote:

> Steven likes commo because it is relatively small and
> works well as a dumb terminal. commo also uploads and
> downloads (which not all terminal programs can do).

Dear Steven,
Liked the discussion about connecting dos and linux computers over a
null modem cable and other possibilities but I finally lost the
tread.
You like commo but for me the 40 USD which would be required if I
would decide to start using it are a problem. Even the initial setup
in order to find if it works was a problem. What should the config
file look like. Could use an example. The commo setup (commo /g) is
too much for me.
Could you work out the setups discussed lately in two or three
different overviews? One for nullmodem/ serial connection using commo
and one for using Kermit/Zmodem or whatever works.

Would rather use freeware but would startung to look for commo looks
alike after I get commo working.