baslinux - Re: [BL] install troubles----what the problem is....

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] install troubles----what the problem is....
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 08:03:39 +1300

Mr Christopher Rose wrote:

> I forgot to mention that my HD is only about 523MB.

That's plenty of room. I suggest you create three
primary partitions:
---------------------------------
/dev/hda1 40mb DOS
/dev/hda2 80mb Linux swap
/dev/hda4 400mb Linux native
---------------------------------
Those sizes are only approximate. I've left /dev/hda3
blank because in the future you might find it useful
to reduce the size of the swap partition and use the
space for a small Linux native partition (/dev/hda3)
to experiment with.

Use DOS fdisk and format to create a bootable C: drive.
Unzip bl3-xx.zip in C:\baslin

Boot BL3 and use Linux fdisk to create /dev/hda2 and
/dev/hda4. Then use mkswap and mke2fs to format those
partitions:
mkswap /dev/hda2
mke2fs /dev/hda4
swapon /dev/hda2