baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.32

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.32
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:50:05 +0000 (UTC)

I tried it at the default Xvesa resolution and colors
(640x480x4, I think) and it would not load.

AbiWord seems to require 8bit color or better (I don't
know why).

I would prefer this to work in 1-bit color.

Me too. Netscape 3.04 had the same restriction until I found
a work-around. Hopefully, somebody will find a work-around
for AbiWord. Please let me know if you do.
Steven

I looked at the system requirements for Abiword. Pentium preferred but not required. 16MB RAM. No mention of needing 15-bit or more color. So I wrote the author asking if he could support 4-bit or 1-bit color.
It is available also for Win95B.

Why does a wordprocessor need 16MB RAM? Steven, have you tried it with less RAM? I may experiment (mem=12MB when using loadlin?). The laptop computer I was going to use with BL3 (and possibly Abiword if it can be made to work with fewer colors) has 12MB RAM.