baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.32

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.32
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:16:45 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> I just noticed there is now a BL3.32 with
> 'e2fsck incompatibility fixed'.
> Does this involve just one file?

No. It was a problem with the 20mb fs.img.
Installations to HD do not have that problem.

> The add-ons list still refers to Abiword for BL3.31

That's just to remind users that AbiWord doesn't
work with earlier versions of BL3.

> The ibiblio site downloaded Abiword for me at average
> speed of 1.8K/sec on my 56K modem (11 am Thursday) with
> actual speeds 0-4.9K. For 5.8MB this comes to 54 minutes
> download.

As I've said before, basiclinux.com.ru is significantly
faster for me.

> Are the clipart and all the fonts essential
> for installing and/or using Abiword

There's very little clipart (just a token amount
to show users how to use that feature). The font
files are certainly big and I suppose you could
remove all except one. However, I don't know how
that will affect the ability of AbiWord to handle
MSWord documents. I was careful to leave the font
structure the same (although I did reduce the size
by about a quarter) to insure AbiWord will still
do a good job of displaying .doc files.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru