baslinux - Re: [BL] xfreecell works better at 800 than 640

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xfreecell works better at 800 than 640
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:11:15 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 8 Oct 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I tried to logout so as to use a higher resolution and
Xvesa did not exit completely. I now have a bottom-half
blue top-half black screen. Kill `pidof Xvesa` did not help.

This is a known problem with Xvesa (one of many).
If you are running anything other than the standard
screen (80x25, VGA), it leaves a mess when it exits.

I was running 80x25 MDA on the other console and I may have started X from MDA. Would it help to just start from the VGA screen every time?
I need to be in VGA mode when I boot linux, or things get scrambled.

Xvesa is interesting.

Xvesa is infuriating.
I was being polite.

I am getting a fair number of complete crashes with BL3 even in just console mode. Most recently I was telnetted to two locations at once and when I switched, everything froze up and I had to power off. Perhaps the later epppd could be compiled for BL3? I sometimes still have dialing problems with BL3 - have to dial twice to get things working. I will try to keep better notes including version number.

I did manage to use links and telnet at the same time without crashing (BL3.02).