baslinux - Re: [BL] mutt add-ons for BasicLinux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mutt add-ons for BasicLinux
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:55:49 +0000 (UTC)

-----------------------------
telnet SMTP-server-address 25

I typed:
telnet mail.wccnet.org 25

'unable to connect to remote host Connection refused

Maybe it was busy the first few times I tried. This time I connected.

Without the'25' it asks me for login and password.

This isthe outgoing mail server that works in eznet.confg.
Is it always 25?

Would the message need to be typed or can it be a file name?
Is there some easy way to add a base64 attachment this way?

Can one telnet to the incoming server to read mail (or download it)?

helo

I had to type anumber after the helo. 1111 worked.
Otherwise it complained about no domain name.

mail from:your-email-address
It accepted my email address here at sdf.lonestar.org or
my partner's email address at stu.wccnet.org (the incoming server)

rcpt:recipient-email-address
I typed rcpt:keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org
"Command unrecognized: "rcpt:.....

I tried rcpt to:keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org
'Relaying denied'.
Same for various other addresses.

Can you send mail via mail.wccnet.org even if your mail account is not there? I even tried the wccnet account as the sender.

data
===message goes here===
Assuming I got this working, can I use a precomposed file instaed of
typing the mail online?

.
quit