baslinux - [BL] xfreecell works better at 800 than 640

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] xfreecell works better at 800 than 640
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 17:37:01 +0000 (UTC)

BL3.32.
I briefly tried out mc and sc, which seem to work. (Console mode).

Xfreecell at 640x480 has some cards which go halfway off the right edge of the screen. I tried to logout so as to use a higher resolution and Xvesa did not exit completely. I now have a bottom-half blue top-half black screen. Kill `pidof Xvesa` did not help. I have had things like this happen before with Xvesa, probably just in BL3 but I am not sure.

I was just able to fix this problem by doing startx from vt2. (800x600x12)
Now from vt1 I see a blank white screen on the VGA monitor.
I switched to VT4 and loaded xfreecell and it looks better.

Last time (in 640) I saw four cards with red hearts/diamonds or black spades/clubs but no numbers or pictures on them, just the suits. The fourth was half-way off the page. When I start a game the other cards appear with the numbers and pictures where they belong.

This time (800) I see four kings (red or black, not multicolored).
between. THere is some blank space in icewm to the right (it does not take up the full width of the screen).

Looks like this game was not designed to work right at 640 but it was at least usable. It even works in 2-bit color but all four kings come out in black not red.

From the TTL monitor (vt1) I can still see the card game and icewm but
there are some blue streaks across the very top instead of info about the program in use. Xvesa is interesting.

I will try mutt soon.