baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.32

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.32
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 07:41:57 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> Could icewm be set to use links2 instead of 0.90 as
> a text browser,

Sure, just edit the icewm to point to the other links.

> Could the d alias in profile point to links2 instead of
> links-0.90 and let us delete 0.90 to save space after
> installing links2?

Sure, just edit your profile file to change the alias.
Then, if you wish, you can delete 0.90.

> I have been able to access my online electric bill with
> links2 but not with links-0.90 or lynx.

I'm glad the links2 package is providing useful functionality.

> The fonts used in rxvt are fixed size fonts, I think,

Yes they are.

> Steven, why don't you include 1024 on the Xsetup menu?

Because many of the target systems do not have that
resolution. In particularly, none of my monitors can
display above 800x600.

> I know 800 displays a bit faster in less RAM, but would
> it hurt to give people a choice?

Users can set whatever resolution they fancy by editing
/etc/Xconfig. The initial Xsetup menu is just to get
them started.

> I tried it at the default Xvesa resolution and colors
> (640x480x4, I think) and it would not load.

AbiWord seems to require 8bit color or better (I don't
know why).

> I would prefer this to work in 1-bit color.

Me too. Netscape 3.04 had the same restriction until I found
a work-around. Hopefully, somebody will find a work-around
for AbiWord. Please let me know if you do.

> I notice the default cache in links is 0K and 0 formatted
> documents. Is this for cases of very low RAM?

Yes.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru