baslinux - Re: [BL] problems with new BL3: Links2 package

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] problems with new BL3: Links2 package
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 00:55:51 +0000 (UTC)

I have an external 56K modem, but half the time it connects at 28.8K to the local college where we have internet access.

A question - Matrix Mole says I can save my changes to a DOS 8.3 file, but I recall now why I have not been doing that. I do have a collection of changes I made to BL2 (things I did to config. files etc) which I package with makepkg. What is the BL3 equivalent of makepkg? I thought we only had pkg, the equivalent of installpkg. Is there something I should be installing from my SW3.2 CD? Should I be using BL2 to makepkg the BL3 changes?

I made myself a little lynx package for BL3, with dependencies, as .tgz which unpackages to a bunch of files in the same directory, with instructions where to put things. This is not efficient.