baslinux - save/restore (was Re: [BL] problems with new BL3: Links2 package)

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: save/restore (was Re: [BL] problems with new BL3: Links2 package)
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:37:53 -0400

On 28 Sep 2004 at 18:15, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> sindi keesan wrote:
> >
> > I do have a collection of changes I made to BL2 (things I
> > did to config. files etc) which I package with makepkg.
> > What is the BL3 equivalent of makepkg?
>
> tar zcvf (from the top directory)
>
> > I thought we only had pkg, the equivalent of installpkg.
> > Is there something I should be installing from my SW3.2 CD?
>
> No.
>
> > Should I be using BL2 to makepkg the BL3 changes?
>
> Since makepkg makes Slackware-type packages and pkg installs
> Slackware-type packages, that would work (if you can find a
> way to get makepkg running on BL2 to operate on your BL3
> installation). It is probably simpler just to use tar from
> inside BL3.

Thanks to Steven and Sindi.

I made a /work directory in BL3, then in that directory I duplicated
(manually. is there a better way?) the directory structure of where I
wanted files to go.

eg,

/work/etc
/work/lib/modules/2.2.16/misc
and so forth

And I copied files, such as /etc/rc ,
/usr/local/bin/nfs and so on to the matching locations such as
/work/etc/ , /work/usr/local/bin/ and so forth

Having made a /DOS/work directory, I then did

cd /work

and then

tar -czv -f /DOS/work/fixbl3.tgz *

Here is C:\work\fixbl3

#!/bin/sh
# put this fixBL3 file in the C:\work directory
cd /
pkg /DOS/work/fixbl3.tgz
pkg /DOS/linstuff/mc.tgz
addnods