baslinux - Re: [BL] problems with new BL3

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] problems with new BL3
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 21:13:06 -0400

> A question - Matrix Mole says I can save my changes to a DOS 8.3 file,
> but I recall now why I have not been doing that. I do have a
> collection of changes I made to BL2 (things I did to config. files
> etc) which I package with makepkg. What is the BL3 equivalent of
> makepkg? I thought we only had pkg, the equivalent of installpkg. Is
> there something I should be installing from my SW3.2 CD? Should I be
> using BL2 to makepkg the BL3 changes?

I have not yet figured out how to makepkg to configure a new BL3
installation to the way the old one was.

Just put together this script, haven't yet tried it.

Since the C: drive is accessible from a fresh installation of BL3, I
would save copies of the files I want there, and why not in the C:/baslin
directory.

#!/bin/sh
# put this fixit file in the C:\baslin directory
# run it from there
cd /
mkdir cd
cd cd
mkdir top
mkdir bot
cd /hd
mkdir cee
mkdir dee
mkdir eee
mkdir eff
cd /DOS/baslin
cp hosts.allow hosts exports rc fstab profile /etc/
cp rtl8139.o /lib/modules/2.2.16/misc/
cp chprompt nfs dos plex /usr/local/bin/