baslinux - Re: [BL] problems with new BL3: Links2 package

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] problems with new BL3: Links2 package
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 02:54:45 +0000 (UTC)

I don't use links2 myself, but I think there are some
people on this list who use it regularly. Have any
of you got links2 working in X with 16-color VGA?

NO.

will BL3.3 have a floppy version?

Yes, eventually. It takes a lot more work to put
together the floppy version so I want to be sure
I have a stable 3.3 before doing it for floppy.

BTW, I've discovered that AbiWord is not entirely
happy with 3.30. I've fixed the problem and will
be uploading 3.31 today.

Could you possibly also post descriptions of how to patch 3.30 for those of us who don't have time to keep installing new versions? Or maybe even .tgz packages which make the updates? At one point with BL3 1.x I stopped taking time to download the new versions because they were too frequent and I did not want to keep redoing my own changes (config. files etc.).
I skipped 2.X entirely. If there are only a few different files, it would be easier for us just to replace them each time you update. 2.7MB takes a while to download and your download sites are not all that fast either.