baslinux - Re: [BL] PPP kernel module is loaded?

  • From: Dan Schmidt <dnhschmidt AT juno.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PPP kernel module is loaded?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:57:35 -0400

More information:

I've installed version 3.3 (no difficulties, and I like the higher screen
resolution available in startx).

If I run pppsetup, and enter ttyS4 (for COM5), I sometimes get the same
error message. Other times it says: "Failed to open /dev/ttyS4: No such
device." Still other times no message appears, just the terminal
indicator. If I then type ppp-off, it says "terminated". I can't find a
pattern to these different responses.

If I run pppsetup and enter ttyS0 (or any number up to 3), it says:
"registered device ppp0". No terminal indicator is then displayed; and
the cursor is on the very left-hand side of the screen. When this
happens, the system will not respond to any command I know, except
ctrl+alt+del which, of course, reboots. Is there any other option in
that situation?

Regards,
Dan

Get your name as your email address.