baslinux - Re: [BL] PPP kernel module is loaded?

  • From: Dan Schmidt <dnhschmidt AT juno.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PPP kernel module is loaded?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:16:44 -0400

I run pppsetup , then exit and save.

Immediately (without reset) I enter ppp-on. Same error message.

I enter lsmod , and ppp and slhc are listed as being installed (no other
modules are listed).

I also tried removing the # from the appropriate lines in etc/rc and
rebooting. After reboot, ppp and slhc are listed as installed, but the
same error message appears.

If I edit pppsetup line: tty /dev/ttys2
to read: tty /dev/ttyp1 (so as to send to a second terminal open on
xterm), then enter ppp-on, no error message appears, and "atz" appears on
the second terminal. Perhaps the problem is with my modem, or the port
the modem is connected to (COM5).

Your time is appreciated,
Regards,
Dan