baslinux - Re: [BL] PPP kernel module is loaded?

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PPP kernel module is loaded?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:52:32 +1200

Dan Schmidt wrote:

> I execute pppsetup and enter (what I think is) the
> appropriate information. (I use ctrl + x to move to
> the next screen. Is this the right thing to do?)

Yes.

> Then, after typing ppp-on I get the following message:
> /usr/sbin/pppd: This system lacks kernel support for PPP.

> How can I tell if the PPP module is loaded?

lsmod

> If I don't have it, how do I load it?

pppsetup automatically installs the necessary ppp modules
for you:
-----------
insmod slhc
insmod ppp
After running pppsetup, you probably reset your computer
before running ppp-on. Resetting the system cancels all
insmods. So, after rebooting, you need to do those insmods
again. One way is to run pppsetup and exit immediately.
But, the simplest way is to activate them automatically
by putting them in your system startup file: /etc/rc
They are already listed there -- just remove the # at
the beginning of the line.