baslinux - Re: [BL] PPP kernel module is loaded?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PPP kernel module is loaded?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:08:53 +0000 (UTC)

Please explain exactly what you mean by the "terminal
indicator".

When this happens, the system will not respond to any
command I know, except ctrl+alt+del which, of course,
reboots. Is there any other option in that situation?

ctrl-C works in some situations. If that doesn't work,
ctrl-alt-F2 will usually take you to tty2 where you can
kill the process tying up tty1.

Alt-F2 works if you are in text mode, doesn't it?

I get this problem frequently - please explain again how to kill a process. It was something like kill `pidof` but I forget the rest.

Do I first type 'top' to get teh number of the process, for instance 123, and they type
kill `pidof 123`

I have been trying various such things with no success.