baslinux - Re: [BL] PPP kernel module is loaded?

  • From: Dan Schmidt <dnhschmidt AT juno.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] PPP kernel module is loaded?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:59:56 -0400

Sindi,

The "S" in ttyS4 was capitalized, I just forgot to capitalize it in my
post.

I may well have a 'Windows' modem. I'm not really in a position to make
hardware changes, or modem-driver changes, but I do appreciate the offer
(if indeed you were offering some hardware). This may be a hopeless
case. I really just wanted to know if there was something simple I could
type in at the terminal. And indeed, I have learned a lot.

The modem is a 3COM U.S.Robotics 56K fax PCI modem model 5610.

I'll confess that I don't know why it's in COM5. I thought maybe Windows
put it there. I did try moving it to a different PCI slot, which I
thought would change its COM port, but it still shows up in COM5. Do you
know of a way to change this?

Regards,
Dan

Get your name as your email address.