baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 02:55:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

I've just tested AbiWord on BL3 with the new
Xvesa init. It works!

Yippee! I think you said the same compiled version works for BL2 and BL3. I have downloaded it for BL2 (where it did not work for me with Xvesa - locale problems or font path problems - any idea if I can fix this?) and can copy it over to BL3, or could I try booting into BL3 and running a program in the BL2 partition? If it has no dependencies would it be enough simply to mount the BL2 partition, go to its /usr/X11R6/bin and type ./abiword?

Of course first I would need to install the new improved BL3.
Is it ready to post yet or do you want to also try Netscape and other programs with it first?