baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 won't print or scroll in console mode

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 won't print or scroll in console mode
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:57:33 -0400 (EDT)

I have done this for both ports. I cannot insmod parport_pc twice (once
for each port) so I tried each one individually.

insmod parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7 (the MGA card, no irq choices)

OR

insmod parport_pc io=0x278 irq=7 (I set CMOS this way)

Still appears to be sending the cat command somewhere, takes me to a new
prompt, but the printer won't respond. I have used this model Panasonic
printer before with BL2 in a 1-parport computer.

How would I get linux working with TWO parports? The above gives me
parport0 in both cases. Neither of the parport0's works anyway.