baslinux - mdacon has no scroll buffer? was: Re: [BL] BL2 won't print or scroll in console mode

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: mdacon has no scroll buffer? was: Re: [BL] BL2 won't print or scroll in console mode
  • Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 18:29:23 -0400 (EDT)

I got 54 emails from the linux-kernel list in 7 hours, including a Czech
guy who responded to my request for help with mda-con, asking if my card
is Hercules or generic. Generic. The others are mostly discussing
patches and kernel 2.6.6. Interesting if I could understand it.

I asked what portion of vgacon.c to copy over to mdacon.c so I could
compile with scroll buffer. Maybe it already has a buffer that works with
the original Hercules card only? There was some talk elsewhere about them
not being quite the same.

What a great community!

I need to set my spam filter to stop mails about patch or 2.6.