baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 won't print or scroll in console mode

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 won't print or scroll in console mode
  • Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 21:25:47 -0400 (EDT)

I was unable to print a pdf file with gs without black stripes on the left
sides of every other page (in DOS - cannot get linux to print on the
computer with two parallel ports and the other ran out of ink).
pdfimages converted this to pbm files (I had tried before but had a
defective binary), for some reason white on black instead of black on
white, which I eventually converted to black on white gifs and can view
and even crop with an image handling program.

I think the sender's scanner has a malfunctioning automatic page feed and
my software is okay.

I still can't print with xpdf because Xvesa will not load for 'user' just
'root', in BL2. Any ideas why and how to fix this?
Sindi Keesan