baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 Xvesa as 'user'

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 Xvesa as 'user'
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 12:26:50 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 00:15:35 -0400 (EDT)
Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com> wrote:

> I still cannot use SVGAlib as user: svgalib: cannot get I/O permissions.

I have the same problem with svgalib running BL2 in console. It works
with root,
but not with user. This affects not only Links graphic, but QV (QuickView)
also.

> BL3 does not use SVGAlib but BL2 uses it for graphical links without X.

Same here. But Links graphic has no problem running from icewm (X11) as
user.
And try as I might, I cannot find where to change permissions.

Anybody ?

BTW: I have managed to get Gnome, Enlightenment and KDE to run and perform.
It took a lot of downloading, but BL2 has been a great platform from which to
try,
fail, try again, and learn. :)

Regards,
Ron