baslinux - Re: [BL] Win98/linux coexistence problems

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: halinux AT kvinet.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Win98/linux coexistence problems
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 21:54:02 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 5 May 2004, Hal MacArgle wrote:

> > I still have not found a way to transfer fs.img. Laplink pro produces
> > something with a different md5sum number. If I zip the file first with
> > PKZIP the transferred zip file has the same md5sum number. But when I
> > unzip it again at the other end the number for fs.img does not match.
> >
> > I transferred via plip and the numbers still don't match.
> >
> > Maybe I need to zip, upload, and then download, like Steven did?
> >
> Have you tried 'cmp' to compare the files.. LLPro and Plip
> may add headers or signatures that upset md5sum.. Just guessing.. I'm
> going to do some testing using an ethernet transfer as well as NFS
> over ethernet.. Interesting... Maybe PKZIP is different than GNU's
> ZIP as far as checksums go, even tho the end result is the same??

A thought just occured to me. Get the md5 before compressing, and include
the md5 data (as a text file) inside the zip prior to transfer, then
compare that md5 that is inside the zip with the files after unzipping on
the other end. It might not work, and you may have already performed this,
but it'd be worth a shot if you haven't.

--
Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org