baslinux - [BL] Multimedia players (again)

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Multimedia players (again)
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 12:46:40 +1000

Hi Folks,

I am able to report that I have got the MOD player XMP (Extended Module
Player)
to run under BL2.1.

Using either CLI, MC (as a helper) or Links graphic (as a helper), this
plays
all the music modules I have tried: i.e. xxx.mod and xxx.it files, but it
claims
to play all forms of music mod files.

I downloaded
http://fredrik.hubbe.net/plugger/xmp-2.2.0-pre-linux-x86-glibc20.tar.gz ,
but its homepage is http://xmp.hellabs.org/

MODs can be downloaded free from http://www.modarchive.com/

I also got Plugger 4.0 installed successfully into Netscape and Phoenix.
This acts as a link to other applications so they perform like ordinary
plugins.

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be able to call xmp properly.
I will keep trying.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke
AUSREG Consultancy http://www.valylink.net.au/~ausreg/index.html

  • [BL] Multimedia players (again), Ron Clarke, 05/05/2004