baslinux - Re: [BL] Win98/linux coexistence problems

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Win98/linux coexistence problems
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 23:57:11 -0400 (EDT)

David Lane wrote suggesting that I update my 56K X2 hardware modem by
downloading a file. I searched on the chip number and found something at
driverguide (a file named after the FCC number). I unzipped, extracted,
ran the exe in DOS, and ATI17 now tells me also V90. I connected at
'115200' and downloaded files at about the speed of a 56K modem. Next
time I connected it boinged for longer than usual and connected me at 28.8
but I suspect the phone lines are not that clean and I got a bad one.

This list is wonderful! Thanks Steven. Thanks David.

I still have not found a way to transfer fs.img. Laplink pro produces
something with a different md5sum number. If I zip the file first with
PKZIP the transferred zip file has the same md5sum number. But when I
unzip it again at the other end the number for fs.img does not match.

I transferred via plip and the numbers still don't match.

Maybe I need to zip, upload, and then download, like Steven did?