baslinux - Re: [BL] Win98/linux coexistence problems

  • From: Hal MacArgle <halinux AT kvinet.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Win98/linux coexistence problems
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 10:27:49 -0400

On 05-04, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I still have not found a way to transfer fs.img. Laplink pro produces
> something with a different md5sum number. If I zip the file first with
> PKZIP the transferred zip file has the same md5sum number. But when I
> unzip it again at the other end the number for fs.img does not match.
>
> I transferred via plip and the numbers still don't match.

I just renamed a 1.3mB tar.gz file to test.gz and transferred
it via ethernet10, ftp, to another machine.. md5sum same on both files..

On other machine renamed same file as test2.gz and
transferred it back to the original machine; md5sum reporting the
same.. Used 'cmp' to compare test.gz and test2.gz - exact match...

Of course this Linux to Linux which may not prove anything
for you except that it does work. <grin> Did I mis-read the problem?

Hal - in Terra Alta, WV - Slackware GNU/Linux 9.0 (2.4.20)

Anyone can pile complexity upon complexity;
only a genius can truly simplify..
.