baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:21:06 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Ken Martwick wrote:
> >
> > there is a problem with BL3 if it is used on a PC with
> > DR-DOS as its basic OS.
> > this computer has drive "C" as /dev/hda3,
>
> Ah, I remember now. The fdisk in DrDOS doesn't put C:
> at /dev/hda1. Damn.

Jim has been using pqmagic to format his disks before putting DR-DOS on
them, otherwise they are not recognized when you boot with a
Win98/DOS floppy disk. Maybe you can also format with pqmagic in order to
fix this naming problem, even on DR-DOS computers? He heard that the
latest DR-DOS has fixed this problem (a bug in older versions).

I don't know if you can reformat a drive already formatted with DR-DOS
fdisk, without losing all the data.