baslinux - Re: [BL] plip connection refused

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] plip connection refused
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:44:49 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Sindi Keesan wrote:
> >
> > I apparently need a file /usr/lib/X11/XKeysymDB
> > and setenv XKEYSYMDB /usr/lib/X121/XKeysymDB
> > or possibly
> > XKEYSYMDB=/usr/lib/X11/XKeysymDB
> >
> > Which of these is correct for BL2/bash?
>
> None of those is required for BL2 bash.
> XKeysymDB normally resides at /var/X11R6/lib

Reinstalling xlib.tgz fixed my problem with Realplayer on the test drive,
and it now works in all my computers, but I still cannot install
Realplayer from the original drive in the one where I have the SW71
compiler and the SW81 runtime libraries. I tried reinstalling glibc.tgz
but that did not help. What else might I reinstall to make all the
libraries match? All I did to install the newer libraries was installpkg
glibc-2.2.5... and cxxlibs-6.2.1. Is there a second package I need to
reinstall the older runtime libraries beside glibc.tgz?

This mismatch may be what is keeping ncurses from compiling properly,
thinks Doug.

I can install Realplayer on a computer where there are no compilation
libraries and where the runtime libraries are updated.

> > Should plip work between two ramdisk installations of BL2?
>
> Yes (assuming that the hardware is capable).

Well, I am still getting 'connection refused' when trying to do a plip
connection between ramdisk BL2 on two computers that used to do plip
connections. What might I have messed up? The cable is hooked up
correctly between the only two parallel ports.

What would make the hardware incapable?