baslinux - Re: [BL] plip connection refused

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] plip connection refused
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 01:21:14 -0500 (EST)

I have no idea why plip is not working now, but am on the trail of

Warning: Translation table syntax error. Unknown keysym anme:
osfHelp.....

I apparently need a file /usr/lib/X11/XKeysymDB

and setenv XKEYSYMDB /usr/lib/X121/XKeysymDB

or possibly

XKEYSYMDB=/usr/lib/X11/XKeysymDB

Which of these is correct for BL2/bash?

I may have had things working and then uninstalled xlib.tgz or wherever
this file came from after that.

keysyms are something you use to define what the different keys do in X,
and I used them before to get my XT style keyboard to work properly and
the backspace and delete keys to work as well. I ran across the solution
in a discussion of why SunOS has problems with Mosaic (the file is in a
different location than usual).

This still does not solve the problem of nc: Connect: connection
refused, between two computers that used to connect with plip, which I am
running in CLI and therefore should not be related to keysyms for X.

Should plip work between two ramdisk installations of BL2?