baslinux - Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 22:42:05 -0500 (EST)

I put together a temporary linux hard drive (using plip to transfer files)
and was hoping to manage with just xvesa.tgz and bl2-x.tgz but apparently
that is not enough to get xinit or startx. What other file(s) do I need?
Probably not xvg16.tgz or xfnts.tgz, but do I need all the others on the
list for X? xbin xcfg xlib xpm and most likely startx?

The idea is to attempt to install Realplayer 8 on various motherboards and
cpus by moving the hard drive between computers until I find one or more
than will not give me a segmentation fault, and then set up the full linux
there (on another hard drive). Should this work?

I ran out of space on the original linux computer attempting to compile
lynx, while in the middle of compiling ncurses. I see now why people want
large hard drives. 35M of files were created by ncurses, 31M by openssl
(not counting the installed files or the downloaded file). I uninstalled
and deleted Ted and Imagemagick since they were large and unused.