baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Printing from Abiword in BL2

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Printing from Abiword in BL2
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 07:46:46 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> So I could define several filter files and choose
> the one that I wanted for that one printer?

Yes.

> I don't have any ps printers. What do they look like?

Most printer makers have a ps version (normally more
expensive). I had a ps printer once -- there was a
ps in the model number (but I don't know whether they
all have that).

> I will try to hook up the linux computer again tomorrow
> and try this out as a user instead of root, from the
> command line.

If you are outputing to /dev/lp0 from the commandline,
it must be done as root. AFAIK, ordinary users do not
have direct access (they must go via lpr).