baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Printing from Abiword in BL2

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Printing from Abiword in BL2
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 15:53:02 -0500 (EST)

I was able to print from a user account (postscript file).
1. Load printer modules (I used wp to do that).
2. lps filename.ps from the user account - got an error message
3. logout and to root again, type lpd, it starts printing.

I should probably load the modules and lpd as root, and then login again
as user and type lpr filename.ps.

How would I modify printcap to print .pdf files too? Just duplicate the
section with ps and replace ps with pdf?

How do I cancel print jobs? I have one in the queue now. I cancelled the
other by turning the printer on and then when it started to print I turned
the printer back off. This wastes paper. I could not find where the
print job is stored in the queue.

I don't think it is a whole lot quicker and easier to have to load lpd and
change accounts instead of printing from the command line with

/pathto/deskjet.filter < filename.pdf > /dev/lp0

lpr filename (from user) prints gibberish if the file is not a ps file.